Thursday, September 16, 2010

Finally out of the stone age!

Today I had my internet finally set up so I can now update everyone on what has been going on.
So I am moved in and situated in my new apartment which is amazing!  (Thank you mom and dad)
I went on monday to Tertulia Cellars to talk to the winemaker Quentin about things and ended up staying helping him sulfur barrels.
On tuesday I went back to Tertulia Cellars again and learned a lot.  I was able to walk in the vineyard with Quentin and he talked to me about how we determine when to harvest and what to look for.  We took brix readings and measured acid levels in the grape juice.
Today I had orientation for the school and walked the campus learning what is available to me and where I can find it.  I also met my amazing teachers who will be teaching all I will need to know to make wine.
So far I am loving my new place and loving the valley.  It is soo beautiful here!  I wish that everyone could be here with me admiring one of God's greatest creations.  And so you all can drink wine with me of course.  School starts up on monday and I am really excited, I hope all will go well.
I hope you all can make it up to visit me here soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment